Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lighter note..


On a somewhat lighter note, I am so glad we have a three day weekend! Last night, I had a truly amazing time at Avicii in the Hollywood Bowl. This is my way to relax. I cannot emphasize enough how great it is that LA is close! Hollywood Bowl is repeatedly putting on great stuff. Luckily, it is never that expensive, can just about afford it on the student budget!

I had a bit of writer's block earlier this week. You probably have to be in the right state of mind to write, and it just wasn't at all. Anyway, my roommate helped me out, she said "Why don't you write about places to eat in Isla Vista or Santa Barbara?" To be quite frank, I don't eat out a lot at really fancy places...but now and again I do. However, my favorite place in whole of Santa Barbara is In N Out Burger, literally whenever I return home, I genuinely miss it. I cannot understand why they don't have it in Europe, or the rest of America..never tasted fast food like it! There is a running joke in my house about how much I love it. Especially, as last year I did have about five In N Out's in a week!

But for the healthier stuff. I really like Silvergreens, it is really fresh and yummy! There is one in Isla Vista which is ideal. Top tip for living out here though is using this https://sbmenus.com/ then you can get delivery from a range of places. Top favorites are probably, 'Sam's to Go' delicious sandwiches, 'Domino's Pizza' literally addicted at the weekends and 'The Habit' (Fast food again, I know!). This is probably one of my favorite things about America, in England it's very rare to find any delivery places or 24 hour fast food!
However, my favorite sit down places are 'Sambos' for breakfast by school, 'Backyard Bowls', 'Pascucci'- for Italian, 'Jane' or the 'Beachside-Bar- Cafe' on Goleta Beach, the view is amazing. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment