Friday, November 15, 2013

Still Sunny!

Literally, one of the best things about being in California is the amazing weather. Compared to back home where my friends and family are shivering, I can wear flip flops day in day out. It really is so nice when you have to get up really early on Friday for class, when no one else has class, but it is warm and sunny outside. Just makes it a little better.

This week, has it's probably best described as 'Research Week'. I have two research papers due to the middle of next week. So here we go push on through for those to be done, and then bit of a break, and finals. I was thinking about tips for papers, I think everyone has their own methods. Key is really to do the preliminary research, look through database journals online using the Luria Library website. My mum always told me to just keep it tight, keep it slick and straight to the point, don't go off on tangents. Oh and of course, check your work and back up your argument! I don't really mind writing papers, I think they are just time consuming. But one weekend out of sixteen for papers is really not bad!


Cannot believe Christmas is just round the corner. If you want to get excited for it take a look at this English advert for a department store.

Definitely going to try not to get too overtired from doing all this work, think my body was beginning to suffer after last week. Really important to rest and relax too! One of my greatest flaws, is my failure to relax so I'm definitely going to go for a run on the beach this weekend. I used to run all the time last year, when I had less classes, this year it's been to busy too. Actually really miss it, such a nice thing being able to run on the beach, where else could you say you could do that! Oh and yes, even though it is a British stereotype if you do want your body to feel better, drink some Green Tea.. lifechanger.

In some good news, my TAG application to UC Davis was accepted. So that's really nice to know the hard work is paying off. Also, so great to hear about Dr Eskandari winning the 'Professor of the Year' award. He is truly a lovely man and a great professor, thoroughly deserved! How lucky are we to have someone of that level at City College.
 http://www.independent.com/news/2013/nov/14/sbcc-professor-wins-national-award/

No comments:

Post a Comment