Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Oscars

Red Carpet
I had a surreal day yesterday, in the fact that I am watching the Oscars now in the knowledge I was there yesterday. As mentioned before, my Dads company brought one of the companies responsible for production of the ceremony. I won't bore you with the details, but it's to do with all the wiring and transmitting of the ceremony. Anyway, I invited one of my roommates with me and we headed down to Los Angeles on Saturday. We ate at the Roosevelt Hotel, which has one of my favorite Burger bars called 25 degrees.
Along with my Dad, we went to the Kodak theatre where we met with one of his partners. Then we went through security, to pick up our Credential passes, it was like entering a different world. Just as we were picking up our passes (I can't post a picture here for security), Kelly Osbourne walked past. We then toured various places backstage at the ceremony. We saw the green room, decked in the most beautiful furniture. The press room, where if you win you will be questioned. The amazing bar, the most beautiful ball room I have ever seen. This is where the stars will have dinner after the ceremony, the walls are covered in flowers and no expense has been spared. We saw where the Oscars are engraved, where the stars will have their picture taken. And most importantly, the stage. We were lucky enough to watch rehearsals as Jason Sudeikis and Kate Hudson were practicing their lines for presenting the awards. The theatre as you can see on TV is complete glitz and glamour. I was overwhelmed and gobsmacked at entering this different world. We could not take pictures of the inside of the theatre, or any place we visited really, and we had two minders with us to check we didn't! Then we went backstage, saw the dressing rooms, the mechanics behind the staging and lastly the Red Carpet. It was of course really raining on Saturday, so the carpet is covered and they erected a tent to cover the stars. Here, we could take some more pictures as you can see below... After that the tour was over, it was an incredible experience, the volume of people who work behind the show, but mostly it really is the most beautiful event I have ever seen. I just watched Jennifer Lawrence trip on the carpet, neither Shannon or I did that yesterday, mind you we weren't in huge heels...Anyway back to reality, what a privelege!!





No comments:

Post a Comment