Saturday, October 5, 2013

Break

Heaps of notes 
I'm so happy I have this blog as a temporary escape right now! Sometimes school work gets a bit overwhelming. I have two midterms this week and I'm really trying to prepare the best I can. One is in Maths which is not my strength in anyway, so i'm spending a few hours a day with a tutor. All I can see is numbers at the moment! I'm sure you are all jealous! It all feels like rather a lot of pressure, but I am hoping for the best. It is really important I succeed in this class to ensure I can transfer to a UC next Fall. I just submitted my TAG for UC Davis so I am really excited for what is to come. A TAG agreement is basically saying that you have a place at Davis, if you meet their requirements until the end of Spring 2013.

But enough about school work, to take my mind off of work I had a lovely evening/night last night with my friends. I find another great destressor is music. I learnt to play piano from the age of seven and I took up guitar age sixteen. I find playing a musical instrument is really relaxing especially acoustic guitar. I link you my favorite piano artist, he is called Einaudi. He is an Italian composer and you might recognize some of his works form TV and Films. It is so moving and emotional! I always find it strange but great how a few of my close male friends love Einaudi. He seems to attract all audiences. So have a listen.

This video directly below is my favorite one to play on the piano. I taught myself this for weeks on end as it was so so hard to play but so rewarding when I finally could! It is called 'Le Onde' which means 'The Waves', pretty ironic considering where I am at school currently.

I also adore Newton Faulkner's new album. He is a British guy who plays guitar and sings. He actually went to music school in my hometown. I'm surprised he is not bigger here, with such a following for bands like Rebolution and Slightly Stoopid. So take a listen and see what you think, he is very surfy/chilled out music.

I don't read a lot of books, I love reading articles instead. I think it is because I have such a short attention span. I love reading a weekly magazine called 'The Week' it is British but I know you can get it here. It basically is a collection of the best newspaper articles from the week about different countries, houses, entertainment stories compiled into 20 or so pages. I also love quotes, I always have i'm not really sure why, but some have such meaning in times of happiness and sadness. This is my favorite of all time.
Quote





No comments:

Post a Comment