Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stats on more Stats

Hello,
Ambassadors 'working'
It's been a pretty busy few days so I haven't really had a chance to blog. I really enjoyed meeting with the other bloggers on Friday, to kind of celebrate the year of blogging and for me was a nice send off. I've really enjoyed blogging, actually it's been my favorite job i've ever had. I like writing, and this has made me really focus my writing on topics I wanted to, with the kind support of the marketing team. I felt like I learnt to balance time far better than I ever had before, and doing this never felt like a drag. It definitely encouraged me to do more on the weekends, and i've loved keeping my extended family in the loop. But, the best part is knowing that I can maybe help people in some way, if this makes your experience any easier than this makes me really happy. These blogs were a brilliant idea by the marketing department, and I hope they continue for years to come. I was really excited to learn that Berkeley have their own blogs set up, I would be actively looking to join their team if possible.


Pangea Feast!
Friday, also was my final ambassador meeting and my final meeting as Pangea President. We celebrated the end of Pangea for this semester with even more pizza. I loved being President of this club, watching its numbers grow and helping people create bonds with one another, have some fun and learn how to be an ambassador. The ambassadors have just one final lunch on Friday. This all feels really unreal for me. I remember being interviewed to become an ambassador not so long ago. On a personal note, everyone always says get involved in things. I personally have always been pretty reluctant to, partly because I can be very lazy. However, I wanted to meet international students, I wanted to develop my leadership skills, and I was aware when I transferred the more I had put in the greater my application would look. What I didn't expect from the ambassadors was for me to grow and really enjoy organizing events, leading a club, be able to speak to a group of people with confidence, and find a real support team of friends. So, whilst I cannot lie and say it isn't extremely hard work at times, to manage your commitments to the program, school, social life, relaxing etc. It is worth it, and I think it's important to say because there are the type of people who get involved in everything. I'm not one of them, but this has been such a worthy investment, and i'm truly sad that it is ending.


Story of my life!
Right now, I have a fair amount going on. I'm trying to tie things up in SB these next few weeks to make the move up to Berkeley a little less strenuous. I need to sort my visa for the next two years, the release of those documents, get a cap and gown, sell my full bed (any takers let me know!), pack and get rid of any junk (i'm a hoarder), say my goodbyes for now (absolutely dreading), find a place to live in Berkeley, which I hope i've done, accept my offer to go there, move up there, put my stuff in storage, visit the campus, fly home! Oh, and take finals, and a big Maths test tomorrow, which for maybe 7 hours for (this is a welcome break), but it will all get done and i'm excited. My mums even more excited about the prospect of me going, she found out that there are pet hugs to be had and a botanical garden (her favorite things)! Plus, she went there so i'm carrying on the family tradition. I want to blog some of my pictures from my visit to the Getty museum this past weekend and Red Rocks (again, it's amazing when it's so hot), so i'll be posting later this week.

Have a great week!

Not ready for goodbyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment