Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Red Rock

I was definitely feeling in a great mood over the weekend, actually I did not feel like it was real life at all. On Friday night it was my roommate Shannon's birthday, so we went downtown to dinner and tried out a place called 'The Brewhouse', it was quite homely food, which was pretty nice. And we got her a huge cake to have when we got home, always the best part! Actually the meal became a celebration also really, my other roommate has also been admitted to Berkeley for Spring, and two of my other friends there are off to UCSB in the Fall, happiness everywhere. Whether staying here or moving on, these next few weeks will be the last as we've known life for the past two years. Both sad and exciting really!

On Sunday, we headed up to the mountains to visit Red Rock, we've wanted to go for so long. Last time we went it was closed because of the past storm. This time although it was pretty windy it was open and the water was so pretty. It was really great to have our old roommate Dayna back visiting from New York. I definitely think she appreciated California 100 times more, after their horrid winter. She says she misses SB so much and is itching to come back and start her Radiography program at CC. This place is really great that once you get away from it, you just have to come back! I'm hoping we are going to go back up there on Saturday because the weather is going to be really hot, so we can actually swim. Beautiful place, and not a hike as I am so lazy, I was glad it was just a stroll away from the car. On the way back, unfortunately our car hydroplaned off the road, over some rocks and got stuck. We were all okay, if a little shaken up, but with our strength we managed to move the truck back onto the road. Pretty dramatic end to the peaceful day. Enjoy the song below if you need any cheering up or something to put on when you're lying in the sun!




This week I am trying to get the majority of my work done for the rest of the semester. I had a bit of a worry on Monday about moving to Berkeley. I really didn't want to worry about it at all, just celebrate the few years of hard work, but I was really brought down to earth by peoples questions. Then my Dad had a good talking to me, he made me realize that I have done the huge move from England to Santa Barbara, so moving to SF is really not a huge deal. It's still 12 hours from home, and 8 hours behind, and i'll still go home twice a year. Now i'm really not worried, i'm excited to make new friends, to be academically stretched, and to live in a city, it's just going to be absolutely amazing. Life is too short not to embrace success and just enjoy it for a bit!  I'm really going to ensure I get the best out of my last few weeks here, I am really sad that this is ending. It couldn't have been more brilliant, but when you get too comfortable it's time to go. I have one more paper due in for the semester, I want to finish some Maths this week and study for one final midterm before finals. This will ease up the weekends completely to have some fun:) Today, I realized how lucky I have been this semester, I spent most the day lounging in the sun in my front yard, relaxing and reading my book. What could be greater! Have a great rest of your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment