Monday, February 3, 2014

Into Week Two

Hello all,

Hope everyone is settling back into school life. I am absolutely LOVING the sun, have to be careful not to send any pictures back home of the beautiful blue sky. The change from England to here, after any break is quite odd. I have to remember to change my vocabulary and try not to use too many really English words!

Where is this?
The Shard
The tallest building in England
Sometimes the start of a new term can be quite overwhelming. I was really excited to get back here, I literally love learning, think I could be in school forever. Even though I'm not doing any Political Science this semester, I think this semester will be interesting in different ways. I can relax a bit more (I hope!), use different parts of my brain and pursue classes that I may not take again. So far, Statistics is my favorite.. I never thought I would say I liked Maths! However, the Professor is really nice, I understand it which makes a change, and it is quite interesting.

I also found enlightening, my Geography Professor was saying that Geography is rarely taught in High Schools in California. He is anxious to teach the class where things are in the world. I don't mind this, I like learning about other countries. I felt quite lucky i'd had about ten years of Geography classes throughout my education, and I hope that more children are taught more about the world eventually. For my Sociology homework, we had to go to a public place and just observe what was going on, for ten minutes. I went to my local Starbucks and it was actually so hard! You could not think or do anything, you just had to people watch, without judging, and see peoples reactions to you. You notice how all your mind wants to do is think!


I can't get back into cooking after my mums lovely meals for six weeks. So I have been going out to eat so much! Some friends and I went to the Hollister Brewery in Camino Real Marketplace on Friday, actually really nice. I am loving the portion size over here. The Ambassadors also held a BBQ for new International students to enjoy on Friday. It was nice to catch up with the ambassadors, and welcome new students.

I very much liked the Superbowl advert below, I miss my dog everyday. Mind you, my mum said she ran away today and was picked up by a stranger who took her to a shelter! Think my brothers had a mini heart attack. Regardless, I think this advert was the best part of the Superbowl really! Or the David Beckham advert. And the fact my house ordered 'Wings', another American food I am in love with. My house also enjoys going to the sunset a lot, especially in Isla Vista being right by the beach it is stunning. Pictures below! I have started running again, I did this a lot in England in the rain, but the beach wins every time.


Also, as Private schools may be wanting your applications in any week now, i've been researching International Scholarships.
There are actually a lot on offer, and if you need help at SBCC, my scholarship really helps with tuition.
Here is the link, the deadline is late March: 
http://www.sbcc.edu/scholarships/





No comments:

Post a Comment