Saturday, September 14, 2013

Well there we go..

The third week of the Fall Semester is over. It's in full swing and the weather is still as beautiful as ever. One thing I really like about changing classes every four months is the fact you meet so many new people. I've found school to have a really friendly atmosphere. It is great to speak to such a wide range of people so this semester i've become friends with a girl from Oregon in my Math class and a boy from Australia in my Political Science class. It just shows how the school is appealing to such a wide variety of people! I think in my first year what really helped me to settle in to SBCC life, was living at Tropicana Gardens Dorms. I would highly advise living there just for the first year, just so you can be in close proximity to a lot of people your age. Also my roommates from the last year, two from the West Coast and two from the East Coast, are my roommates in a house this year. I think the dorms help you become close to the people you live with. For me they became my family for two-thirds of the year. I actually cannot count the number of times we laughed all together, i've never had sisters so this was brilliant for me. You have to learn to adapt to different people, how they live and how to make it work.. I think a great life skill! One thing I miss about Trop is the catered food! I don't know if I would have been able to cope last year with cooking on top of everything else, so such a great option to have. The rooms are pretty basic, but you do have the use of a pool and gym, by dorm standards it's really quite nice. It depends what you really think you need for your first year. I would highly recommend dorms if you are young and living away from home for the first time.

Tropicana Gardens- My Quad


No comments:

Post a Comment